Photo by Noel Barnhurst
Rice and Fruit Stuffing Recipe
Stuffing is a favorite dish during the holiday season. The basis for a great stuffing is the combination of tastes from fruits, herbs, nuts and a gluten free rice cube or rice base. A great stuffing takes time to prepare so doing the chopping ahead of time will save time and make it easy. Here is my basic recipe.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 large onions chopped
- ½ bunch of organic celery chopped
- 2 cups wild rice or rice bread cubes (about one 8-ounce package)
- 2 cups water for rice only
- 1 cup apple (Stayman or Wine Sap are best) coarsely chopped.
- 1 cup organic red or purple grapes
- 1/2 cup each organic dried apricots
- 2 cups walnuts and/or macadamia chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp of herbs oregano, tyme, rosemary, sage