What is XyloSweet Sweetener?
XyloSweet®, 100% xylitol sweetener, is the sweetest of all natural sugar substitutes. Currently used in many sugar-free products, it is increasingly gaining acceptance as an alternative sweetener because it has similar bulk and taste as sugar, is safe for those needing to limit their sugar consumption, and using it may reduce the risk of tooth decay.
XyloSweet® can be substituted for most common sweeteners without compromising taste or texture. Unlike so many other sugar alternatives, XyloSweet does not have any aftertaste and is metabolized without insulin, so it creates a lower glycemic effect when eaten. Regular sugar has a glycemic index score of 85 to 100 compared to XyloSweet’s glycemic index of only 7. This is great news for anyone who has to control their sugar consumption and choose foods low in glycemic effects.
Xylitol is recommended by dentists, medical doctors, periodontists, pediatricians, and many health organizations and health professionals worldwide as a sweetener for anyone concerned with dental health, upper respiratory health, and sugar consumption in general.
- Zero net carbohydrates
- Just as sweet and tasty as table sugar, with 40% fewer calories (~ 2.4 calories/gram versus sugar’s 4.0)
- Glycemic index: 7 (compared to sugar’s 85 to 100)
- Made of a naturally-occurring substance found in fruits and vegetables like plums, strawberries, and corn cobs
- Approved by both the World Health Organization and the FDA as safe in unlimited quantities as a food additive
- Different chemical structure than that of table sugar
- XyloSweet is interchangeable with sugar for most cooking applications
When cooking, replace sugar with XyloSweet® in equal measurements. XyloSweet is heat stable for cooking and baking. It also mixes and dissolves just like common sugar.
Xylitol requires a brief period of adjustment and may, in some cases of excessive consumption, have a laxative effect or cause gas until the body becomes accustomed to the sweetener in larger quantities.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.